Thursday, May 3, 2012

Need Some Prayers...

In the last few months my cousin, Matthew Mammosser, has had to face one of the most difficult things any human being has had to endure...cancer.  Back in January of this year he was rushed to the hospital due to flu like symptoms only to find out that he had a mass between the two hemispheres of his brain.  Since then he has had several surgeries to remove the tumor as well as complications with blood clots and infections thereafter.  He has gone through several chemo treatments already so he is heading in the right path to fight this disease head on.  It wasn't until today that I found out that his doctors found more tumors.  I am still in the dark as to the severity of them...but I am hopeful that he still has a long road ahead of him to recovery.

Matt is only 18 years old, but he has made his mark in our community and has made a ton of friends along the way.  He was born deaf but has had a hearing implant for most of his life so he is as normal as any 18 year old can be.  He is currently going to Joliet Catholic Academy highschool and is one of the best defensive players on their football team.  He was able to help them get all the way to the State finals last year but unfortunately came up short.  Next year will be his senior year and the coach of the team already has placed him as the Captain of the Defensive Line.  On top of this he has been competing in weight lifting meets and hopes to one day hold the squatting and benching record for JCA.

It is amazing to me how far this kid has gone from a scrawny freshmen to a 6'2" 245 lb junior.  He has worked his butt off to get where he is at now to only be fighting for his life.  All he wants to do is be on the field next year but unfortunately he has a long road ahead of him to fight this.

I am asking all of my readers and followers to pray for my cousin and our family as he goes through this rough time.  You really don't realize how difficult a situation like this can be until it hits this close to home.  He is too young to have this happen to him and I hope that God is definitely looking out for us as we speak.

I am really lucky that I have the opportunity to live my life in the path that I chose for myself, I just hope and pray that he is given that same opportunity too.  Life has a funny way of smacking you back into reality...but I have faith that things will work the way they are supposed to.

If any of you would like to help my cousin's family there is a link on top of my blog that says "Please Support my Cousin Matthew!"...this will take you to a website that his friends and parents of JCA have put together to raise money for Matthew's surgeries and care.  You can also purchase a T-shirt that has the JCA logo on it and my cousin's football jersey number on the back.  It also will give you updates as to how he is progressing.

Thank you in advance to anyone that sends prayers our way...it is what keeps us glued together and hopeful in this time of need for him...

Fluke

No comments:

Post a Comment